Pedaling Squares

I went on nice road ride today, I think the last time I was on a road bike was at the beginning of August. My pedal strokes weren' t the smoothest, but after a while it felt good to be back on the road. I even used my power meter, had to dust that thing off before I used it. I love looking at the numbers after the ride. I was on my way back to Park City, when I got a flat tire at the bottom part of Browns Canyon. I had a spare tube and a CO2 cartridge, sure enough, the CO2 wasn't working. I think the last couple of times I had a flat I always ended up with the CO2 cartridge not working. Is there some sort of expiration date on it? Maybe I've just been carrying around the same empty CO2 cartridge for the last 2 years. Who knows...The vibration of the road numbed my ass for the remainder of the ride, but other than that, I was able to keep a good pace with my flat tire.


Some people get burnt out in the fall. I've been kind of struggling with motivation to get out and train myself, so I kind of focused on different things while I was riding. I've been carrying a camera on my last mountain bike rides, I was looking for good shots and it got me pedaling my bike rather than sitting on my fat ass.

Sometimes when I'm not that motivated I make a deal with myself. I go out for at least 15min.
After the 15min., if I still feel like doing nothing I turn around and go home. But most of the time, after the first few minutes, you get into a rhythm and you stay out and enjoy your ride anyway!





I've also been running more lately. I love it, because there's no mechanicals or such, and it works different muscle groups than the ones used on a bike. Plus, I can share that activity with the dogs.


2 comments:

Eat Sleep MTB said...

Where's the legend on your graph, let's see those numbers, I need to know how bad I suck!

TS said...

I don't know why it didn't show the legend. I tried saving it a couple of times, but it didn't come out. If you're interested, the ride time was around 3 hrs, avg power around 250 and avg hr around 140. I'll try to get the legend and number up next time