Utah State CX Championships

Saturday was the big day, the Utah CX Championships. The fields were huge and the best Utah CX racers were on the line. I had a good start in the A race, hung in 3rd behind Bart and Jason going into the first corner.

Chris Pietrzak, the eventual winner, passed me on the 1st lap, he flew by me and looked really strong. Ali Goulet passed me later on in the lap and I started to loose a little of my concentration. I was hanging a few seconds off the front and ended up in a group with Art, Sam Krieg and Mitch Peterson. I lost contact to them as well, but regained a spot or two towards the end to finish 6th. I certainly wanted more, but I can feel I'm loosing the "edge" that late in the cycling season. This might be a good transition into the off season now. I wouldn't mind racing in some really nasty conditions, though, the courses have been really fast and dry lately. We'll see.

No comments: