Fall Dreams

There we go. I have finally become a member of the blog family. My parents will be proud of me. Believe me, it's a big thing for someone growing up in the back woods of Austria.
Beer and brats, yes, that's what I've been dreaming about lately. More often than not, the dreams have come true. I guess I've been really good all year with training and nutrition, so a little slacking that late in the season can't be all that bad. No beer and brats tonight, though, tomorrow we'll have the Utah CX State Championships and I'd hate to throw up midway through the race. Like I said, I've been slacking a little with my diet, but I'm still highly motivated to compete. Looks like we might have some CX weather as well, I can't wait.
I did the US Gran Prix of Cyclocross races this past week in Boulder and Longmont, CO. There was a good showing of Utah racers there, with John Gallagher and Art O'Conner kicking ass in the Masters 35+ category and Ali G. and Chris Pitrzak having great performances to finish in the 20s in the Elite field. Myself, I finished in the 30s in both races and had a really good time. So tomorrow's field will be packed with great riders in great form.


I can't believe what I'm reading about Jason, Cale Redpath and possibly Bart regarding a missed drug test. I am really speechless. The thought of them getting a ban while other big name cyclists are still out there racing all doped up makes me sick. I can't think about it too much, almost makes me loose my motivation to compete.


Well, I got to go to bed now, so I won't get my ass kicked too badly tomorrow. I'll keep you posted how it went.

No comments: