Getting close to the last race of the season

One more cyclocross race down, one to go. It was a fun race again in Ogden, finally we had some different conditions. The course was a mixture of hard packed snow, ice and mud. I didn't know how I would feel, not having ridden my bike all week. I felt good, though, not much different than usual. I had an ok start, after lap 1 there were 2 groups of 3 in the front, I made up the rear in 6th. In lap 2, things started to speed up a little, and I was able to move up to 2nd, 8 seconds down on Bart when we came through the start/finish line. Art O'Conner was right on my ass, and he did so for the next lap. In lap 3, Art came around and I was happy to see that, I thought it would be good to work with him, maybe even get closer up to Bart. But then, on a fast sketchy downhill, I lost control and went tumbling into the snow. The snow certainly softened my fall, but my handlebars were all twistet. I rode a 1/2 mile or so, but had to stop and straighten out my steerer. That cost me some time, and I found myself in 6th, with Jason Sager and Jon Gallagher righ in front of me. By the end, I finished in 4th, behind Bart, Art and Chris Pietrzak. The race was fun, the course was a blast, only one more to go and then it's time to get fat. Actually I've been working on that already. Went skate skiing for the first time this year on Sunday. Legs felt a little tired and technique certainly rusty, hope I can improve on that over the next few months. We'll see.

No comments: