inconcistency

The NORBA circus left town again and it's time to figure out what to focus on next. The XC race took place on a very hot Saturday afternoon, didn't quite go as well as I was hoping for. I did have to start from the very end of the pack, but that was certainly not the reason why I finished that far back(I think somewhere in the late 40s) My legs just couldn't generate any power, I've been feeling ok riding my bike, racing though it seems my body likes to shut down after 15min. Maybe it has to do that I haven't done a single hill repeat this year. If there's anything I have learned this year in terms of cycling is that you can get into some sort of shape without any organized training, but you can't really hold it for very long.

So it's time to dig out the heart rate monitor and power meter in order to get back in shape. I haven't used either in a while but realized they are actually great tools. (duh!) I guess sometimes it takes me a while to figure things out. I heard about a tuesday night race series at Solitude, I'm in, that is if I don't have to work those nights. There's also a super D series in this state I might try just to freshen up my outlook on cycling. We'll see

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thomas, good to see that you are still givin' you're all to this sport. Remember, even the guys without day jobs have off days.

Chris at Binghams